Early Redondo Store
Early Redondo Store
Front View of Redondo Store and Post Office in 2003
Front View of Redondo Store and Post Office in 2003
Side View of Redondo Store and Post Office 2003
Side View of Redondo Store and Post Office 2003
Redondo Store & Post Office
28200 9th S.

In the early days of Stone's Landing (Redondo) residents could purchase fresh vegetables and meat from the "Otter" a wood burning stern-wheeler. The "Otter" would blow her whistle and local settlers would gather at the shore to make their purchases. With growth came the need for a more permanent store. Charles and Mary Bett's first store at Stone's Landing was built in 1904. In addition to selling basic supplies the store offered lodging rooms upstairs. Before the protective bulkhead was built in Redondo customers could actually row up to the store at high tide.

Home
Miscellaneous Photos
Table of Contents
Top Third of Des Moines
Middle Third of Des Moines
Bottom Third of Des Moines